- A mineralocorticoid receptor modulator in phase 1 clinical development with a best-in-class potential
- A phase 2 ready neutrophil elastase inhibitor for bronchiectasis, chronic bronchitis and potential novel indications
- An IND ready novel compound for beta cell preservation in type 1 diabetes
- A TLR-7 agonist in phase 1 clinical development with clinical utility in multiple indications
- “Safe pill”, a novel approach to preventing overdosing and abuse of drugs
A pioneering model for business innovation
AstraZeneca and the BioVentureHub are collaborating with the Swedish Government to establish an exciting new innovation model.
The new model provides opportunities to breathe life into projects and innovations that established companies, for various reasons, have decided not to commercialise, but are considered to have great value. These innovations, in turn, and can provide the basis for new businesses, and subsequently, new jobs.
Magnus Björsne, CEO of AstraZeneca’s BioVentureHub
"In a company like AstraZeneca, our whole business concept is based on creating value from innovation processes. We are proud to collaborate with the Swedish Government and Vinnova on this important project, and to be able to share our knowledge, experience and projects to build a model that contributes to better health and to strengthen Sweden's position in research, development and international competitiveness."