Evolution of the deal-making landscape and key therapeutic areas of the future
* Wednesday 24 October
* 10.00 am - 12.00 noon
* AstraZeneca BioVentureHub
* Pepparedsleden 5, Mölndal, Sweden
With the global prescription drug market due to exceed $1.2 trillion by 2024, pricing pressures on healthcare systems are driving innovation and demanding differentiation across all therapeutic and technology areas.
A huge rise in collaboration to maximise opportunity and bolster pipelines has driven M&A and BD&L activities over the past 5 years. Deal structures are evolving and Big Pharma is increasingly focused on balancing their level of risk with a need for new opportunities.
While the healthcare landscape continues to change and evolve across multiple disease areas, immuno-oncology continues to dominate the larger deal values, but what could be the next therapeutic area in the spotlight?
Adrian Dawkes, Managing Director of PharmaVentures (ex. J&J, Celltech, Acumen Bioscience) and Ashley Cox, Vice President (ex. SmartAnalyst, Inc, Teva, Lundbeck) will introduce what these trends and events will mean for biotech, medtech and diagnostics companies looking to collaborate.
Key questions to be addressed will include:
• How can you best prepare to deliver and maximise deal value?
• What therapeutic areas will be the focus of the next wave of Innovation?
• What does it take for a European firm to do deals with fast growing partners in the Far East?